Friday, September 4, 2009

Shoot for the Moon

Well...the above image is just a goal, but I suppose that this lifestyle is what I am looking for, and what made me commit to moving from Atlanta for a greater good and quality of life

I had finished my degree in Advertising at the University of Georgia, and was looking for an idealistic, job in the South East. A big part of me wanted to move to the Virgin Islands; and this was my backup plan if a solid corporate job was not found.

I had just been certified in scuba diving, and the more I looked for that "perfect job" the more discouraged I found myself with the options that were available. Along with the current status of the economy and my desire to have an adventure, the more driven I became to leave Atlanta.

Just when I had it all figured out and was making plans to live in the islands, I was talking with two of my good friends from high school and they somehow changed my mind.

Hollis Carter and Marc Horne had been working on some affiliate marketing work, building joint ventures and promoting products, and were starting a business. Hollis was set on moving to a ski town and both of these guys were set on making a ton of money online, while staying in contact across the country.

The plan sounded a little far fetched, but the idea of having a roommate that I already knew, and being able to ski all the time, slowly began to change my direction. The kicker was that we would all be working together, making products, and providing consulting for people looking to start an online business.

Maybe it was my interest in advertising, or simply being intrigued by a new way to make an income, but both of these guys knew what they were talking about and had been doing very well with their new practice.

I was sold on the plan, and have never regretted my decision.

No comments: