Thursday, September 3, 2009

Waiting for the Storm


Before I go into details about making life happen out here, I wanted to first talk about life itself. Breckenridge, Colorado has been good to us, and as we wait for the snow to fall, it's sort of like sitting on the North Shore, waiting for the winter swells.

Life here is a little different from Atlanta, where I am from, and it has been difficult to look back. I love the small town community and find Breck surprising similar to Athens, GA...minus the mountains of course.

The eclectic mix of people here are from all over the country, if not the world, and everyone we meet is so full of life. We all seem to share one thing in common, and that is a love for the environment, and a passion for outdoor activities. Seeing this part of the country during the summer, is such a gift, and I recommend spending some time here when there is not snow everywhere. Everything from kayaking, fly fishing, rock climbing, camping, and mountain biking has kept me busy, and I find myself as stress free as ever.

No comments: